Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 13.02.2022, 00:23   #2575
Yar
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 1,281
Цитата:
"цвет кожи", как и другие признаки внешности, важен в повествовании
Наверное, для меня все же "цвет кожи" конкретного персонажа важен только в том случае, если это стало частью описания этого персонажа автором. В остальном если описывается то или иное колено той или иной фэнтезийной расы, я всегда допускаю, что там могли быть вариации, включая альбиносов.

Я просто не хочу, чтобы мы циклились на форме челюсти актера, как это вот делают некоторые фанаты на англоязычных сайтах, ср. простыню о "facial bone structure" сериального Элронда, это же мама дорогая:

Also, on Elrond. No offense intended to Mr. Aramayo, but Elrond was the grandson of Luthien, the most beautiful elf to ever live. His daughter was said to be so akin to Luthien in likeness, that it was as though Luthien came again. Mr. Aramayo, even by today's standards of beauty, is rather...plain for a human, and WAY too plain/human-looking to be an elf period, let alone the grandson of Luthien! I know they were trying to replicate Hugo Weaving's Elrond (as based on the original casting of Mr. Poulter, who was pretty darn close to HW's Elrond), but, IMHO, Mr. Aramayo does not have the elven features necessary to pass as an elf, and especially not as Elrond. Not only that, but elves were said to be fair of face (ie beautiful), ageless, timeless, with eyes that shone like stars. He doesn't fit any of those qualities, either. I humbly think that he was very poor casting for an elf, especially this one.

But again, why would an elf, whose entire kindred was renown for their "beautiful hair", shave his head? That would most assuredly be a mark of shame! And antithetical to even the most basic of Tolkien's a) writing, and b) illustrations of elves. If he started out with longer hair (at least knife/scissor long!) then had to shave his head due to this "forbidden love" they're touting for his storyline, then it would make more sense...but it's highly unlikely to be the case in the promotional materials to show the character's momentary issue, not the first appearance prior to the incident.

As to Hugo Weaving...I had wondered a little at first at his casting choice, but Bilbo does describe him as (paraphrasing) having the weariness and grief showing in his face. Plus, in their last shot in ROTK, when they were about to board the ship, even HW's Elrond looked SOOOO much younger, youthful, and believably elven- possibly because those weariness and grief lines were erased, due to the burden being more or less gone? His overall facial structure, down at the bone level, was still elven, and that showed, especially during that last scene. It looked like he had gone from looking about 45 in human years (barring no gray hair) down to about 30-33. Talk about a facelift! Stress can visibly "age" a person, but relieving that stress can also "de-age" them as well. I found that this phenomenon applied to Elrond in the last scene of ROTK. Galadriel, too, looked about 5-10 years younger, kind of like a giddy 25 year old, in that last scene as well (which is to be expected, considering her thousands-of-years exile from her birthplace and family).

Mr. Aramayo's facial bone structure, on the other hand, does not look elven to me at all, especially his exceedingly prominent jawline making his face look, with all due respect to Mr. Aramayo, slightly...for lack of a better term...rather square-ish (PLEASE no offense if any of y'all have a very prominent jawline like his- this is purely discussion into whether or not his bone structure is elven, not a commentary on your own silhouette). His silhouette shows his jaw extending quite far beyond his face. I'm not saying he isn't a good looking guy per se- more average, is my take- but the ONE descriptor that is CONSISTENT throughout Tolkien's works is that elves are FAIR OF FACE BEYOND THE MEASURE OF MEN (which is another way to say beautiful).

I have a hard time seeing a more protruding, prominent jawline and a very boxy-square face as elven, as opposed to a thinner, slightly longer symmetrical and even face. His type of jawline likely resulted in (real world speaking) a severe need for orthodontic work earlier in his life (I'd be very surprised if he didn't need it. My husband had the opposite problem- his jaw is smaller than his upper jaw, and he had orthodontic intervention, including head gear, for NINE YEARS to fix his overbite). A jawline like that does not lend itself to a natural, even bite...something that I highly doubt elves would have had a need for! Again, purely a bone structure thing. I just can't see his bone structure belonging to an elf, even Peredhil. Compared to him, Halbard (or whatever that character's name is) looks more elven- and he has a beard!

I imagine there may be some overlap with the most beautiful/handsomest humans and the plainest of elves, but Mr. Aramayo's facial bone structure looks FAR too mortal to me. An average-looking man, or woman, playing an elf just looks too...HUMAN for me to be an elf. Mr. Aramayo is no exception, and an excellent example of this.

It's just one of a couple nitpicky details I noticed that really affects my ability to suspend belief when I see them. I hope his acting and accent is PERFECTLY Elrond, otherwise it's going to be hard to think of him as anything more than a human actor cosplaying Elrond.

Yar вне форума   Ответить с цитированием