Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 11.11.2003, 01:59   #306
Marya
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 0
Читайте Толкина, он...
(это не в качестве возражения к чему-то из вышеизложенного, это просто в тему)

Письмо № 244:
Eowyn: It is possible to love more than one person (of the other sex) at the same time, but in a different mode and intensity. I do not think that Eowyn's feelings for Aragorn really changed much; and when he was revealed as so lofty a figure, in descent and office, she was able to go on loving and admiring him. He was old, and that is not only a physical quality: when not accompanied by any physical decay age can be alarming or awe-inspiring. Also she was not herself ambitious in the true political sense. Though not a 'dry nurse' in temper, she was also not really a soldier or 'amazon', but like many brave women was capable of great military gallantry at a crisis.

I think you misunderstand Faramir. He was daunted by his father: not only in the ordinary way of a family with a stern proud father of great force of character, but as a Númenórean before the chief of the one surviving Númenórean state. He was motherless and sisterless (Eowyn was also motherless), and had a 'bossy' brother. He had been accustomed to giving way and not giving his own opinions air, while retaining a power of command among men, such as a man may obtain who is evidently personally courageous and decisive, but also modest, fair-minded and scrupulously just, and very merciful. I think he understood Eowyn very well.

-Смог бы Питер Джексон снять "Сильмариллион"?
-Что он смог бы - мало кто сомневается! Тут главное - смочь посмотреть. © Emi

Мы настолько старые девы, что помним Змеев Севера еще милыми змеенышами © Девица Тук

Последний раз редактировалось Marya; 11.11.2003 в 02:19.
Marya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием