Просмотр отдельного сообщения
Старый 12.10.2003, 16:19   #4
Marya
Зарегистрированный пользователь

Лайки: 0
‘The meaning of it, fair people,’ said Frodo, ‘is simply that we seem to be going the same way as you are. I like walking under the stars. But I would welcome your company.’
‘But we have no need of other company, and hobbits are so dull,’ they laughed. ‘And how do you know that we go the same way as you, for you do not know whither we are going?
Now and again he spoke to those that served him and thanked them in their own language. They smiled at him and said laughing: ‘Here is a jewel among hobbits!’
`Now we had better have it again,' said an Elf.
Bilbo got up and bowed. `I am flattered, Lindir,' he said. 'But it would be too tiring to repeat it all.'
'Not too tiring for you,' the Elves answered laughing. 'You know you are never tired of reciting your own verses. But really we cannot answer your question at one hearing!'
`What!' cried Bilbo. 'You can't tell which parts were mine, and which were the Dúnadan's?'
'It is not easy for us to tell the difference between two mortals' said the Elf.
'Nonsense, Lindir,' snorted Bilbo. 'If you can't distinguish between a Man and a Hobbit, your judgement is poorer than I imagined. They're as different as peas and apples.'
'Maybe. To sheep other sheep no doubt appear different,' laughed Lindir. `Or to shepherds. But Mortals have not been our study. We have other business.'

И в Хоббите эльфы тоже хихикали над всем (но это, пожалуй, не в счет). В общем, понятно одно: хоббиты их забавляли чрезвычайно. И то понятно: представьте себе обезьянку, которая вдруг начнет с пафосом разговаривать по-русски...

А вот между собой, в Сильме? Надо еще порыскать...

-Смог бы Питер Джексон снять "Сильмариллион"?
-Что он смог бы - мало кто сомневается! Тут главное - смочь посмотреть. © Emi

Мы настолько старые девы, что помним Змеев Севера еще милыми змеенышами © Девица Тук
Marya вне форума   Ответить с цитированием